Various Renovation and Addition Projects
Birmingham Public Schools
This? Bond Program included renovations to 14 K-12 facilities broken into 3 phases.
- Phase 1 Summer Work – Included new secured entries at (8) elementary buildings, Beverly, Bingham Farms, Greenfield, Harlan, Pembroke, Pierce, Quarton and Birmingham Covington. The unit ventilator was replaced and new temperature controls were installed at Pierce, new lockers at Covington, fuel pump replacement at the Transportation building, new boilers and domestic water heaters at Groves and new scoreboards for the football and varsity baseball and softball fields at Seaholm and Groves High Schools, and the tennis courts were repaved and resurfaced.
- Phase 2 Summer Work – Included secured entries at the remaining (6) buildings, Midvale, West Maple, Berkshire, Derby, Groves and Seaholm, as well as performing arts upgrades, media collaboration space, tech wing collaboration space at Groves, mechanical unit (air handling units) replacement at Groves, Covington and West Maple. Boiler replacement at West Maple and Midvale, new dugouts for varsity baseball and softball at Seaholm and Groves High Schools and other miscellaneous projects.
- Phase 3 Summer Work – Included performing arts upgrades, media collaboration space and tech wing collaboration space, as well as mechanical upgrades at Seaholm High School.
Karmanos Natural Birthing Center
Beaumont Health Systems
Harley Ellis Devereaux
Royal Oak, Michigan
Beaumont Health System is a repeat client who selected Clark Construction Company based on our team’s delivery of previous projects. This renovation took 8 months from start of construction, March 2014 – October 2014, and includes the following:
- The interior renovation is approximately 9,600 s.f. of existing space on the 3rd floor.
- Roof replacement of approximately 16,000 s.f.
- Renovation of twelve (12) existing Patient Rooms, one (1) Sleep Room and one (1) Storage Room on the 3rd Floor Central Tower-South Wing into six (6) new natural birthing guest rooms, one (1) Family Waiting Room and one (1) Nurse Station with high end finishes.
- The project is about a holistic experience for the mother and family therefore a walking path throughout the 3rd floor with upgraded finishes was provided.
- A complete re-roof of two (2) existing standard roofs into enhanced green roofs, one (1) in which was converted to a walkable green roof.